Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anal fissures...the healing process


So I was diagnosed with anal fissures. I showed the doctor what part of my rectum was hurting. He recognized it as an anal fissure right away. An anal fissure is a tear in the rectal wall. I have to apply a petroleum jelly/Nitroglycerine mixture to the fissure.

I hate going to hospital pharmacies. They are minimally staffed and yet they service the entire hospital. They gave me a buzzer to notify me when the medication would be ready. I waited an hour in the cafeteria. I went down to see if the buzzer was broken. It was. The pharmacy had buzzed me 45 minutes ago.

Nice.

We went to Darryl's school for meet the teacher night. She is a young cute Vietnamese girl. She seems very nice. His last teacher was nice but stern and high strung. Darryl did well but I think all her yelling got to him a little bit. He doesn't need to be yelled at alot. The kids in his class all seem very smart. He got two kids that misbehave alot. All his girlfriends were put in another class. I guess he will need to make up a new set of girlfriends. Wes is in his class. That is his military obsessed, non competitive, Alfred E. Newman look a like best friend.

Today, I am looking after Darryl while Isadora does some errands. I was hoping to lie on my back and read with our new cat Misty. Misty is my new reading buddy. Pixie is terrified of me and spends her day running away from me. Sam likes to guard my bedroom but doesn't like to sleep on the bed.

I am waiting to have a bowel movement before I apply the Nitroglycerin. I don't want to apply it and then have to go poop and then have to do the ritual all over again. Once I have a shit, I have to wash my ass clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment